Dedication may seem like a lot of work when doing something that you’re not interested in doing. But could you imagine doing things that just puts a smile on your face everyday. Whether your daily job includes being parent, working out/ staying fit to live a healthy life, working with great clients as your own boss or working for others.
When I decided to become an entrepreneur I tirelessly researched and learned a lot about myself and greater entrepreneurs who knew the work and dedication that it took day in and out. As I learned more about these wonderful people such as Grace Lever I began to take a way a practice that I would include in my daily life in my journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur.
- The first step is consistency! Staying consistent allows you to build a routine that will last throughout your career. It will also increase your organization and time, which will allow you to take on more jobs and opportunities.
- The second step to becoming a more dedicated entrepreneur is being true to your brand. Being true to your brand means remaining as clear as you can be on your mission and goals for your business. By doing this you’re basically being dedicated to yourself, which will then bring in more dedicated partnership that believe in your mission.
- The third step to becoming a more dedicated entrepreneur would be to show up! Get Involved continue to learn, take risks and JUST DO!
Now that last step may have been a little extra to complete 5 steps but I believe that all of those points combined will sum up a daily practice to becoming an awesome Entrepreneur.
You know how the saying goes.. Time flies when you’re having fun.
This summer has gone by so fast and yes we are happy to be back at school. V and K are learning new things, getting to know new teachers, friends and routine. Yet, we can’t help but reminisce about our summer of ’17 our favorite styles and moments shared before spending 6 hours a day apart.
Here are our top favoriteS:
-Our little Bash turned one years old and we celebrated Carnival style.
Face paint just feels better at a carnival
– our summer travels included short but sweet weekend getaways. We traveled to Lake George, Twinsburg Ohio, Florida and Chincoteague Beach Va. our most memorable place is always Twinsburg. V & K enjoy their friends from all across the world that come together just to share this fun filled, bonded weekend with twins and their families. We were so excited to share our new book release there as well.
Summer ’17 Included lots of blue in our everyday style in celebration of our favorite boy BASH!
We have some little scientists over here in our TwinDollicious world!
You can read more about science adventures played out by Violet and Kelly in the new release of “Summer camp here we come” http://www.twindollicious.com/books
For now watch how V & K have teamed up with Makers lab and the authors awesome book of 28 cool projects to DIY for kids and adults too https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZDqn5Mr7fEkYZfXrXkjMuQ
The girls had so much fun taking this marshmallow monster project recommended by Kim Kardashian to the next level by making smores… just to see if their little monsters were delicious and edible. The monsters passed the test!
The DIY was so easy and fun; it included 4 simple steps with minimal adult supervisikn for baking.. you need to watch, subscribe and try this for your next party or camping trip!
Please send a virtual pinch this way, because I am having a moment! We have worked so hard on creating TwinDollicious as an art form on the adventurous life with V & K Dolls. It is amazing to be able to see A published piece on the shelves of one of the top visited Barnes and Noble stores in NYC.
I had the honor of working with alpha key organizer Shalom Israel Diggs and her team… such a beautiful group of people at the Alpha key Book fair on March 4th, and would love to share some of the awesome outcomes of working with great people.
First About the Alpha key organizations partnership with Barnes and Noble: Alpha is an art form org which brings art, dance and literacy all together… which is why we saw fit to work together. Together with the organizations funding and talented artists Alpha Key Holds workshops around cities in search of teaching children to express their art with added touches of education. Now until March 14th Barnes & Noble will be aiding in making this happen as well. You can join in by using the voucher code 12101473 for Alpha Key when purchasing anything at all in the stores or online….
COMING SOON FALL 2017https://www.amazon.com/Any-Two-Can-Be-Twindollicious/dp/1601311540
This one is for all of the twin lovers and twins!
HAPPY NATIONAL TWINSDAY!
Many of our twin friends are headed to Twinsburg, Ohio this weekend for the national twins fest. We will be missing this year, due to the new bundle of joy but can’t wait to introduce him to all of the fun next year.
I’ve added a link to read an article I’ve written for Multiplicity magazine regarding when is the right time to let your twins or children do the work themselves. (Click & Comment…would love to hear your thoughts)
TwinDolls and friends in our favorite summer collection
Here’s a fun summer read and interesting topic I had the pleasure of working on see link:
What are distractions? Those things or situations that occur which keep us from completing our to do list. Or how about that life long plan you have TO TRY something new, start a new journey or take a trip that seems to be stopped by someone special or a job.
Can it be that We never take the time to acknowledge that these slight interruptions are in fact distractions. As an adult perhaps we forget but I’m pretty sure children all a cross the world are reminded when gazing offi n class that they’re being distracted….( It’s a number 1 teacher’s favorite). Any how with sticking to the topic; I’d like to share 3 lessons I’ve learned to help me understand and handle deadlines and surprise happening or behaviors in order to get the job done.
We recently shared our grandest addition which will arrive this summer. It hit me with such shock in the middle of a busy work schedule which included appearances, deadlines and freelance work with others, yet took me back to a place that I was in 6 years ago. A place where doubt had set in on the chance of ever having children and then V&K were here! BUT remember the dying desperation, asking and prayin… Those days and nights of long talks were not falling on deaf ears. The response was given yet when lease expected.
1. That number one rule to remember what you have asked for over and over again will receive a response; and usually after you’ve shown and proven that you can handle it. (Note: maybe a time when you’re overwhelmed).
2. Creating a deadline for yourself regarding work for others and yourselves is key. BUT the topper is allowing yourself enough time with your tasks that in between your work for others you can take a breather to visit your project. This allows you to remember your creative goals as well.
3. Take an organizational brake to manage your thoughts and connect with your team. It can be a partner, mentor, spouse or whom ever provides tha creative energy that allows you to help each other grow.
I’d like to share some of the creative outlets we’ve gained by following rule number 1. This barn yard entry way to embrace the upcoming nursery.
Along with a collaborative shoot to embrace our TwinDollicious message of sibling love with new Spring/Summer release design of double the hearts. Perhaps with an infant design surprise.
Remember to take minute to think when hit with those small signs of distractions (ex:the black cat crossing)
PS if you’d like for us to share more on these topics comment below . MORE TO COME
It may be fall with a slight crisp in the air but all seasons are made for festivals, fun, friends and cotton candy….especially the cotton candy; The year round treat
The TwinDollicious team was honored to be apart of a celebration for artists while bringing awareness to the Cerebral Palsy foundation. The mobile Pop up shop found a cozy spot on the grounds of Flagship by the Staten Island ferry (FYI: stay tuned or all of the future projects and Events happening in that NY area) .
The Harvest Festival was all things festivals are made of, yummy food, family, friends, and exclusive one of a kind products that become keepsakes because it reminds you of that time you went to a festival during the fall harvest season and met awesome people including the artist that designed something that you fell in love with.
Hope you’re all enjoying your harvest time.
Apple and pumpkin picking season is here!